- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Turkey Stuffing Recipe Video
This low calorie turkey stuffing is a quick and easy recipe for Thanksgiving or any time you want to dress up a chicken or pork dish. The woodsy flavor of sage gives the stuffing a delicious flavor.
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 4 Tbsp trans fat free margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or turkey broth
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Layer bread cubes on a baking sheet and toast in oven about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat margarine over moderate heat until melted. Add onion, carrots and celery and sauté for 1 minute. Mix in seasonings and garlic, and cook 3 minutes, until vegetables are softened. Add chicken broth and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss toasted bread cubes (reserve 1/4 cup for topping later) with vegetable mixture.
- Coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer stuffing mixture to casserole dish and top with reserved 1/4 cup bread cubes. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until golden.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010