- Calories: 175
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 19g
Turkey Chili Recipe Video
A warming winter chili is even better when it’s low fat and low calorie. This quick, easy chili recipe is made with ground turkey. Enjoy this turkey chili with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz) no salt added whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until just browned.
- Add onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- Add cumin and tomatoes, breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon to release their juices, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beans, hot sauce, salt, black pepper and parsley and stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes, or until beans are heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with cheddar cheese and additional chopped parsley, if desired.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010