- Calories: 319
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Sodium: 389mg
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 28g
Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches Recipe Video
Looking for healthy party food? This tasty sausage and peppers recipe is a crowd pleaser. Perfect for watching the game, these easy sausage and peppers sliders will become a football party favorite.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp fennel seed, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup plain whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp water
- 8 mini multigrain Kaiser rolls
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine beef, turkey, fennel, oregano, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, milk and bread crumbs. Mix well. Shape mixture into 8 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion, bell pepper and water; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean and spray again with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add patties and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until there is no pink in the center. Serve patties topped with vegetables and BBQ sauce, if using, on Kaiser rolls.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010