- Calories: 29
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 9mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1g
Meringue Cookies Recipe Video
These festive fat-free cookies dress up your dessert tray, and they're good for you. A sweet treat that everyone can eat, these diabetic cookies are gluten free, too.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Food coloring, nuts or dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- With a hand mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. Mix in sugars until stiff peaks start to form. Do not over mix.
- Tint with food coloring if desired, or add nuts or dark chocolate chips and fold in gently.
- Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip and pipe meringues 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet (or use 2 spoons to drop mounds of meringue onto baking sheet). Bake in oven for 2 hours. Turn off oven, but do not remove cookies. Leave in oven for at least 2 hours, or overnight (do not open oven door).
- Store in an airtight container.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010