- Calories: 290
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 14g
Fresh Tomato Pasta Recipe Video
Have a pasta party with this no-cook tomato sauce. Multigrain pasta and fresh tomato sauce make this a fast, easy and healthy pasta recipe. Pair it with a tossed green salad for a complete meal.
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 oz arugula, washed and stemmed
- 1 1/3 cups fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 lb whole grain or mixed grain penne pasta
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring 2 gallons of water to a boil.
- In a large serving bowl, add tomatoes. Tear arugula and basil into small pieces. Add to the bowl. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave thick slices of cheese and add to serving bowl. Grate the cheese that is too small to shave and reserve for garnish. Toss well.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Drain and immediately toss pasta with the tomato mixture until well coated. Serve sprinkled with reserved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and black pepper.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010