- Calories: 156
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 379mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 25g
Chicken Soup Recipe Video
This homemade chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food when you have a cold. Sip this warm soup to clear the sinuses and act as a natural decongestant.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 to 5 lb chicken pieces, skin removed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 5 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes, optional
- 2 qts water
- 1 cup cooked yolk free whole wheat egg noodles
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven or stock pot heat oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Place chicken pieces in pot and sear each side for 1 minute. Add celery, onions, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic, sage, corn, tomatoes (if using) and water and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until meat falls off the bone.
- Remove soup from heat and let it rest for 15 minutes. Skim off and discard fat from soup. Remove chicken from pot. Cut meat from bones. Return meat to soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cooked noodles and stir.
This video features Chef Andrew Pantano of Culinary Creations www.CulinaryCreations.com
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010