- Calories: 82
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 33mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
Bagna Cauda Dip Recipe Video
Enjoy fresh vegetables with an easy dip that uses healthy olive oil instead of sour cream. Sautéing high protein pine nuts draws out their mellow flavor. This dip is great for entertaining.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pine nuts and cook about 1 minute, stirring thoroughly. Add garlic and cook until translucent, about 30 seconds, stirring continuously. Stir in parsley, anchovies and black pepper, and cook 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a blender and add remaining olive oil and lemon juice; blend until smooth.
- Serve dip warm. Dip can be stored, refrigerated, up to 1 week. Reheat in a small saucepan until warm before serving.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010