- Calories: 224
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 265mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
The secret to this light pumpkin pie recipe involves egg whites, skim milk and reduced fat cream cheese. Spice it up with cinnamon and nutmeg for a homemade taste that has fewer carbs and cholesterol.
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups no-salt added canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup trans fat free margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425˚.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ingredients except pie crust with a hand mixer.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚ and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out dry. Place pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cut into 10 slices.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010