- Calories: 119
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 13g
Lentil Chicken Salad Recipe
Packed with protein, this chicken salad recipe is a light and healthy alternative to mayo-based salads. Use it as hearty side salad or as the filling in lettuce wraps.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup dry lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 oz chopped pimento
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Lettuce leaves for garnish, if desired
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add lentils. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are just tender. Drain and refrigerate until cooled. (Alternative no-cook method: Soak the lentils in the refrigerator overnight.)
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients and lentils and mix well. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010