- Calories: 319
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Sodium: 308mg
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 15g
Egg Rolls With Green Chile and Chicken Recipe
Far East meets American West in this easy Tex Mex egg roll recipe. Dip these crispy egg rolls in the jalapeño-honey dipping sauce for an appetizer your guests of all zip codes will love.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 12 won ton wrappers
- 1 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400° and coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, sour cream, cheese, green chilies, cilantro and cumin. Mix well.
- Arrange wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in each wrapper and roll up, folding in the sides. Wet your finger with water and run along the edges to seal.
- Place egg rolls on baking sheet and spray tops with cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes and turn over. Bake another 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, jalapeños and vinegar. Mix well with a spoon or whisk. Serve immediately.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010