- Calories: 141
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: 258mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11g
BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders Recipe
This quick, easy recipe for pulled pork sliders will keep you out of the kitchen and at the party with your guests. The garlic spinach topping adds a hearty flavor to the mellow pork.
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 18 whole wheat mini-burger buns, split
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly coat a shallow skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sear pork loin in skillet over medium-high heat, turning to brown all sides. Transfer to baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°. As an alternative to baking in the oven, the pork loin can be cooked in a slow-cooker, on high, for 4 hours.
- Allow pork loin to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred pork completely. In a large bowl, toss pork with BBQ sauce, coating evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add spinach and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer pulled pork to buns and top with spinach. Serve hot.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010