- Calories: 179
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 139mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Summer Salad Recipe
No need for mayo with this delicious summer salad. Potatoes, tomatoes and crisp green beans are tossed in a light white wine dressing. A great side dish, this Mediterranean salad is an easy summer recipe.
- 1 lb small white potatoes
- 1 lb small red potatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb French green beans
- 3 Tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, gluten free if needed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup drained capers, rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped thyme
- In a large pot of boiling water add white and red potatoes and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until fork-tender but not mushy. Drain and cut into quarters. Place in a large bowl. Toss gently with the wine and set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil. Boil the green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and immerse in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard and black pepper. Add the olive oil and whisk to combine. Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes.
- Add the green beans, capers, tomatoes, onion, olives and fresh herbs to the potatoes. Season with additional black pepper to taste. Toss.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010