- Calories: 158
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- Sodium: 359mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 11g
Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Egg drop soup just got better, and healthier, with this delicious version packed with healthy chickpeas and greens. This quick soup recipe can be ready in 30 minutes.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (gluten free if needed)
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, whites and greens divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups chopped arugula or kale, tough stems removed
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, water, chickpeas, onion whites, garlic and nutmeg; cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover and boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in arugula and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer. While stirring the soup constantly, slowly add eggs; cook for 2 minutes. (The cooked egg will look like feathery strands.) Season with pepper and stir in the onion greens and lemon juice. Serve immediately with Parmesan.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010