- Calories: 195
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 336mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Zucchini Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
Here’s a delicious and healthy way to prepare fresh zucchini. Paired with lemon, parsley and mint, this quinoa pilaf is an easy side dish that’s refreshing and full of flavor.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil. Stir in uncooked quinoa. Return to boil, then cover pot, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- With a grater, shred the zucchini. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, parsley, mint, tarragon, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Cover bowl and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa and serve hot or at room temperature.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010