- Calories: 66
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Jalapeño, garlic, capers and feta cheese give this spaghetti squash lots of flavor without lots of calories. This tasty spaghetti squash is a great gluten free recipe too.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp drained capers, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 Tbsp black olives
- 2 oz reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- To roast spaghetti squash: Preheat the oven to 400°. Pierce the squash all around with a sharp knife. Place the squash on a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour, or until the squash is fork-tender. Remove the squash and set aside to cool.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, bell pepper, salt, black pepper and capers; cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, with a sharp knife, slice it in half crosswise. With tongs, remove the seeds and pulp and discard. With a fork, separate the “meat” of the squash in spaghetti-like strands. Add the spaghetti squash to the skillet mixture. Add remaining ingredients except basil and lemon wedges and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with basil. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010