- Calories: 239
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Sodium: 336mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 24g
Scallops and Quinoa Recipe
Seared scallops and quinoa are a great combination for an easy seafood dinner that is under 250 calories per serving. This impressive seafood recipe of seared scallops is quick and delicious.
- 2 cups water
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb sea scallops (about 1 inch diameter each)
- In a medium saucepan, add water and 1/4 tsp of the salt and bring water to a boil. Add rinsed quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tsp of the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, or until onion is softened. Add onion and bell pepper mixture, lemon zest, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, mint and black pepper to quinoa. Toss to combine. Keep warm.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp of oil over medium-high heat. Season scallops with the remaining 1/8 tsp of salt and pepper to taste. Add scallops to skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Serve with quinoa mixture.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010