- Calories: 453
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Sodium: 396mg
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 35g
Roasted Chicken and Spinach Salad Dinner Recipe
This spinach salad is a quick and easy recipe for lunch or a light dinner. Chickpeas, walnuts and feta cheese give this spinach salad a hearty lift.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp crumbled low fat feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz cooked chicken, sliced
- 4 small (4-inch) whole wheat pitas
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and pitas. Toss to coat evenly. Top with sliced chicken. Serve immediately, or chill, covered, for up to 2 hours before serving. Serve with pitas on the side.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010