- Calories: 402
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Sodium: 482mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 30g
Glazed Salmon Dinner Recipe
Make a quick fish dinner tonight. The salmon is brushed with a delicately sweet glaze and served over brown rice. Toss an easy mixed green salad and you have a complete dinner for 400 calories.
Salmon and Rice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 oz each)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
Mixed Greens Salad
- 6 cups (about 5 oz) mixed greens
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and soy sauce; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions, stirring in broccoli during the last 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Lightly coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the salmon and onion in baking pan. Drizzle with oil and season with black pepper.
- Broil the salmon, spooning half the sugar and soy sauce glaze over the salmon during the last 2 minutes of cooking, until the salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve the salmon and onion over the rice with the remaining glaze.
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, toss the mixed greens with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salmon and rice with the salad on the side.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010