- Calories: 376
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 29g
Farmers Market Frittata Dinner Recipe Video
Try this farmers’ market frittata for a high-protein dinner without high fat. This delicious baked omelette is packed with zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes. A whole wheat English muffin rounds out the meal.
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped baby greens (such as spinach, Swiss chard or kale)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup egg whites (about 4 egg whites), lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, thyme, sage, parsley)
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, toasted
- 1/2 Tbsp trans fat free margarine
- 1 tsp raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a 4- to 6-inch ovenproof omelette pan (stainless steel or cast iron) on high heat until hot. Remove from heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Reduce heat to medium, add vegetables and sauté until caramelized, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the egg, egg whites and milk. Add egg mixture to the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook eggs for 2 minutes undisturbed.
- Sprinkle herbs over top of egg mixture and bake in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until eggs set and are puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and serve hot. To complete the meal, serve with the English muffin spread with margarine and jam.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010