- Calories: 425
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 355mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 32g
Chicken Piccata Dinner Recipe
This easy chicken piccata dinner recipe is a fast weeknight dinner. If you are looking for a quick dinner recipe, this delicious chicken piccata can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each), butterflied and cut in half
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp reduced-calorie trans fat free margarine
- 2 Tbsp plus 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 lemon, sliced, optional
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lb fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Season chicken with black pepper. In a resealable plastic bag, dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine and 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, or until chicken is browned. Flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the lemon juice, broth and capers. Bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. Arrange lemon slices on a platter, if using. Arrange the chicken on top of the lemon slices. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- In another skillet, heat remaining 4 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Serve the chicken with cooked brown rice and sautéed spinach.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010