- Calories: 327
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 21g
Brown Rice Penne Chicken Recipe
Try brown rice pasta for a gluten free dinner that everyone will love. Gluten free pasta, chicken and broccoli are baked in a creamy sauce that’s low fat and delicious.
- 14 oz brown rice penne pasta
- 3 cups raw broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup (4 oz) chicken breast strips
- 3/4 cup (2 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup (2 oz) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp skim milk
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium gluten free chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Add broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and broccoli and transfer to a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and chicken strips and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer chicken to baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over pasta mixture.
- In a bowl, combine milk, broth, salt and pepper. Pour milk mixture over the pasta mixture and stir to distribute evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, covered with foil, until mixture is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010