- Calories: 81
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 50mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles Recipe
Peanut butter and dark chocolate make a delicious pair in this healthy snack. Chopped pretzels give this sweet and salty treat a yummy crunch.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pretzels
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and pretzels. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on the baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until very firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to microwave for 20-second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Roll the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate and place back on baking sheet. Freeze until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Keep frozen until serving. Truffles can be stored in an airtight container, frozen, for up to 2 weeks.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010