- Calories: 171
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Sodium: 245mg
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe Video
Perfect for a quick breakfast or healthy on-the-go snack, this banana bread is under 175 calories per slice. This healthy recipe is made with whole wheat flour. Sour cream makes it moist and keeps it low fat.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) trans fat free margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. With a hand mixer, in a bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat about 3 to 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the margarine mixture and mix until just combined. Add vanilla, sour cream and bananas; mix to combine. Stir in nuts, if using. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010