- Calories: 30
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 7mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
Watermelon Salsa Recipe
This summer, try some salsa with a fresh fruit twist. This sweet and spicy Watermelon Salsa is livened up with fresh mint, ginger and jalapeños. Serve with whole grain tortilla chips.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 cups chopped watermelon, seeded or seedless
- 1 cup chopped honeydew
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves, plus additional for garnish, if desired
- 2 Tbsp finely grated ginger or ginger juice
- 2 Tbsp seeded and finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice and brown sugar until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately, garnished with additional mint, if desired. May be prepared 2 hours in advance, kept covered and chilled.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010