- Calories: 126
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 17g
Taco Dip Recipe
For your next party, try this tasty taco dip. This easy appetizer is the perfect party food. It's simple and quick, so you can spend more time with your guests.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped, or 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn tortilla chips, optional
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes with their juice (reserve some tomatoes for garnish), chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and dry mustard. Stir and bring to a boil, breaking pieces of tomato. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Top dip with sour cream, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, reserved tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010