- Calories: 53
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 107mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3g
Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe Video
Try this easy appetizer that packs a punch. Great for game day, these stuffed jalapeños are the perfect party food. Stuff them early, then pop them in the oven just before guests arrive.
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 oz shredded extra sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese or jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- On a flat surface, slice the jalapeños lengthwise (wear rubber gloves). With a small spoon, scrape out the seeds and ribs from each jalapeño and discard. Set jalapeño halves aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, half the cheddar cheese, the onion and the cilantro. Stir to combine. Season the mixture with the salt, black pepper and cumin. Stir to combine.
- With a spoon, fill the peppers with the cream cheese filling. Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining half of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned and the peppers are softened. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010