- Calories: 87
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 30mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Strawberry Agua Fresca Recipe
Here’s a refreshing summer drink that’s great for the whole family. Serve this Strawberry Agua Fresca mocktail when you want a nonalcoholic drink that’s festive and fun.
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 mint sprigs
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced or ginger juice from grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 cups hulled strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Combine water and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add 2 mint sprigs, ginger and salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a colander, strain syrup and transfer to a blender. Add strawberries and process until smooth. Transfer to a pitcher. Stir in lime juice. Serve over ice, garnished with remaining mint sprigs.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010