- Calories: 75
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 144mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Crispy Kale Chips Recipe
Looking for ways to add more calcium to your diet? Forget the high-fat potato chips and dip into these crispy kale chips instead. One cup of kale contains 9% of your daily value of calcium. And this healthy snack has only 75 calories a serving.
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Trim tough stems from kale and discard; cut large leaves into 2-inch pieces (leave any small leaves whole). Wash kale and dry thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, drizzle kale with oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix very well to evenly coat.
- On large rimmed baking sheets, arrange kale in a single layer. Do not overlap leaves. (Kale may need to be baked in batches.) Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the leaves are crisp and slightly browned.
- Let kale chips cool and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if using. Cooled kale chips can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010